This week we are looking at the animals that accompany our favorite anime heroes. Will you be able to tell me which of the below statements are true and which are false? I look forward to your answers.
1. Pikachu’s name was created by “Pika” being the Japanese word for the noise of electricity crackling and “Chu” is how the Japanese describe the sound a mouse makes. These two were combined to make Pikachu.
2. Appa means Mother in Korean
3. Chopper was originally a reindeer with the slight oddity of a blue nose who ate a devil fruit.
4. Kon’s name is short for Kaizō Konpaku
5. Hiro Mashima was originally going to name Happy “Freyr” after the Norse god but didn’t think it would suit his character.
Remember to leave your answers in the comments below and don’t forget to check back in tomorrow for the answers! For an added bonus can you tell me which anime these characters are from? Well all that is left to say is Good Luck!