May 5th is the date we should all smile for it’s the birthday of Anime’s favourite future Pirate King. I am talking about Monkey D. Luffy here.
Now those that watch One Piece need no introduction to the boy who wears the Straw-Hat but for the rest of you who don’t know, here’s a tribute to one of the most loved heroes in the world of anime and manga.
Luffy isn’t your conventional protagonist despite what anybody says. He is similar to certain other characters in his naïve nature and his huge appetite. The difference between the rest and Luffy is the fact that he just wants to have fun more than anything else. Finding the One Piece and becoming the Pirate King is indeed a challenge but it is about having fun along the way rather than achieving that goal.
If Luffy was to die at any point of his journey, he would have no regrets as we got to witness in Rogue Town. He is absolute joy to watch in almost every scene. He is the reason One Piece has some of the best fillers and One Piece fans would prefer having more fillers if it means the anime progresses at a pace that it deserves.
So here’s wishing the future Pirate King a happy birthday:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONKEY D. LUFFY
(credit to msadagal.deviantart.com for image)
Luffy Trivia from OnePiece.Wikia:
- One of Oda’s questions asked if Luffy’s penis could stretch, to which Oda replied that it could.
- Luffy’s favorite food is meat.
- Luffy’s least favorite food is the cherry pie from “a certain place”.
- Luffy is described as being like the fourth son of the Straw Hats family.
- If Luffy lived in the real world, his nationality would be Brazilian.
- When asked which flower Luffy resembles the most, Robin’s voice actress replied he most resembles a cosmos.
- Luffy bathes once a week.
- Luffy typically gets 5 hours of sleep.
- Luffy would be a firefighter if he weren’t a pirate.
- Luffy’s favorite food to cook would be raw meat on a plate
Famous Luffy Quotes: